Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Mystery In The Garden


This flower has appeared in my garden. It looks like a tiny daisy on a delicate stem, and it is growing on a plant that is about three feet high. It is one of the 3 mystery plants that have popped up, literally, in my flower beds. I love how suuny and happy it looks but it makes me wonder. What is it? Where did it come from? How did it get into my flower bed?

I'm not a zealous weeder. Or even a dedicated weeder. Or even a weeder, really. I kind of admire the lush growth of June and July, the exuberant will to grow and live that plants display in the summer. I have a hard time bringing myself to rip them out just because they took root in my yard. Especially if they are as pretty as this one.

Still, I would like to know what it is. If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions about how to figure out what it is, please leave me a comment. Tomorrow and the next day I'll post pictures of the other two mysterious plants who've shown up to live at our house. One of which is 6 feet tall and referred to affectionately by the kids as "our weed".

1 comment:

EC Gefroh said...

Aloha:
Does the plant have any fragrance? From the picture it looks like Chamomile.
BTW, nice blog.