Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Welcome Back!

My all-time favorite magazine, Victoria, is back! I was introduced to this wonderful publication when my 12 year-old son was in kindergarten. I was visiting with my mother-in-law and saw it on her coffee table.I immediately fell in love with it, so much so that she sent the issue home with me. The next thing I knew, I had a subscription!

I still have that issue (August 2000!), and all the other ones that came so faithfully each month in the mail. I loved reading them, poring over the pictures and articles, learning how to make our home gracious and lovely. I often found myself turning to them whenever I set out to decorate rooms in our house or beautiful tables for parties. Just this winter, I sought their help a when my older daughter and I held a mother-daughter Valentine tea for her fifth grade class. I never threw one away, because they were so gorgeous, informative and inspiring.

Turns out, that was a smart decision too, because eventually, Heast Communications stopped publishing Victoria. We faithful readers have been Victoria-less for many many months (years!), but the light is shining at the end of the tunnel! According to one of my favorite bloggers, Dawn at "By Sun and Candlelight", subscriptions are already available! The premiere issue will be a November-December one. I just reserved mine!

1 comment:

Micki said...

I love magazines but never heard of this one. I went to our Library on line...is it the same as "Christmas with Victoria", one every year issued?
Thanks for the heads up.